Using Thresholds to Measure and Quantify Cells in Image J
I often get asked how to uses Thresholds to measure things in Image J.
Below are some of the Basic Steps for using Thresholds:
- Open your image and duplicate it (Image>Duplicate)
- On the duplicate go to Image>Adjust>Threshold
- Play with the sliders until all of your cells are red.
- Click ‘Apply’
- You should now have a ‘binary’ black and white image
- Now go to menu Process>Binary and select ‘fill holes’
- You may also want to select erode, dilate, open or close to optimise the binary image so that you have nice solid filling of your cells.
- Now go to menu Analyse>Set Measurements. Select all the things you want to measure.
- Critical steps: make sure that you select your original image…
View original post 149 more words